SpectrumMap is a cloud based big data system, which gathers real spectrum usage data from monitoring devices and presents it on a map in a fast, user-friendly way. The system utilizes spectrum data from many sources, such as fixed sites, temporary sites, mobile, handheld and portable devices. The LS OBSERVER monitoring units are ideally suited for the monitoring data collection, but also third party monitoring devices may be integrated and used.
With the aid of the collected monitoring data, SpectrumMap builds an area wide spectrum usage map. A smart interpolation algorithm provides you with the expected signal level at each pixel of the underlying map. You do not need to remember which sensor is located in an area of interest. Also, there is no need for specifying complex queries in a huge data repository. SpectrumMap presents the data in a user-friendly manner in a web browser and supports efficiently spectrum analysis, verification of simulation results, detection of unlicensed emission and determination of spectrum over- and under-utilization. In addition, it serves as a profound basis for policy making.
Explore a new ways of spectrum usage visualization and reap the full benefits of your monitoring data.
Perform Spectrum Audits
- Solve the problem of low spectrum utilization
- Optimize frequency planning and allocation
- Improve the allocation mechanism and ensure more fair and reasonable use of spectrum resources
- Lay the foundation for future marketization of spectrum resources
- Pave the way to dynamic spectrum allocation, thereby improve the efficiency of spectrum usage
Support the Frequency Assignment Process
- Visualize frequency availability to improve the frequency assignment process
- Automatic data analysis instead of traditional manual work, thereby improve work efficiency
- Process frequency assignment based on "real world" monitoring data, therefore improve the accuracy
- Sophisticated algorithm and accurate calculation guarantee more efficient usage of spectrum resources
Supervise Radio Stations
- Employ new technologies (big data & cloud computing) to supervise radio stations.
- Detect illegal stations timely
- Clean up expired and idle stations to get more available sites and frequencies
- Improve the accuracy and effectiveness of license database
- Timely recycle frequencies to meet the increasing demand on spectrum resources
- Actively detect interference and deal with it timely
- Reduce labor intensity and improve the efficiency of interference investigation
- Change from manual to digital and automatic operations, making full use of all available data
Assess Radiation Hazard
- Improve public awareness of electromagnetic radiation
- Publish authoritative information of electromagnetic environment, thereby ease public tension on radio stations
- Regularly release electromagnetic radiation index as a public environmental information service
- Perform Spectrum Audits
- Support the Frequency Assignment Process
- Supervise Radio Stations
- Detect Interference
- Assess Radiation Hazard