LS Training Academy
Monitoreo RF y mediciones
A continuación encontrará un resumen de todos los cursos de formación disponibles en materia de Monitoreo RF y mediciones.
Los seminarios se pueden reservar como cursos individuales o también como paquete completo.
Por favor, no dude en ponerse en contacto con nosotros para discutir sus necesidades de formación individual.
This course is based on the latest ITU-R and CEPT recommendations, reports and handbooks and provides an introduction into the most common spectrum monitoring and measurements techniques. It is also presented theoretical background and practical examples that help in understanding specifics of administrative radio monitoring. The training concludes with number of practical examples.
After the training, the participants will be able to understand standards, the procedures and methods of the most common monitoring measurements, to distinguish between different measurements technologies, to respect technical limitations of measurement equipment, to present results to different user groups on a simple way.
This course is intended for those who have a basic knowledge of radio communications and electromagnetic wave propagation, who are interested in spectrum monitoring measurement and techniques and who may be employed in regulatory authorities that supposed to execute spectrum monitoring measurements, reporting and providing early warnings to policy makers.
- General expectations of spectrum monitoring
- Utilization of radio monitoring results
- Manual monitoring (ITU/ECC references, proposed procedure)
- Channel & band occupancy (ITU R1, ERO/ECC )
- Monitoring of broadcast
- Interference description, detection, reporting
- Analysis of results and reporting
- Automated monitoring
- Detection of regulatory unauthorized utilizations
- Inspection/certification/technical acceptance
- Monitoring of digitally modulated signals
- Real time radio occupancy monitoring (for utilizing of whitespace)
- General license compatibility monitoring (like SRD/ISM/WiFi)
- Monitoring of assignments (like cellular access systems or MMDS)
- Areal monitoring (geolocation of low power sources)
- Interpretation of results and publishing (what, why and when to publish)
06. - 07.12.2021
03. - 04.05.2022
This course gives an introduction to practical spectrum monitoring measurements. Delegates will follow practical examples to illustrate the limitations of spectrum monitoring measurements. The monitoring network installed at LS telcom’s headquarters will be used to show practical examples.
After completing the training delegates will be aware how practical spectrum monitoring measurements under real-life conditions will be performed and understand the limitations in the RF field. They will get introduced on the estimation of expected measurement results, judging the quality of the measurements performed and planning measurement campaigns.
Regulatory authorities’ staff members supposed to execute spectrum monitoring measurements.
- Overview of spectrum monitoring tasks
- Monitoring tasks and selection of equipment
- Distinguishing between real signals and intermodulation products
- Limitations due to the real-life environment
- Basic measurements
- Signal identification
- Locating signals including Interference hunting techniques, DF methods and limitation
The LS OBSERVER system training introduces the features of the LS OBSERVER based monitoring units and the principles of operation as sensor based systems.
The course contains the detailed description of the operation of all features and allows the participants to perform practical tasks with the LS OBSERVER system.
The service oriented system configuration and architecture, the remote control of measurement units, the measurement data download, multiple geolocation methods, the analysis of measurement results and direction finding techniques will be presented. The participants will have the possibility to use the equipment for practical tasks during the training. Information about maintenance requirements and configuration of the system are also covered by the training.
The training enables the participants to become familiar with the LS OBSERVER monitoring units and the Central Monitoring Software (CMS).
They will understand the functionalities, handling the GUI and learn how to perform measurements and analysis with the focus on remote controlled monitoring, geolocation and direction finding. Finally, they will see how a fully integrated spectrum management (e.g. SPECTRAplus) and monitoring system can be managed and be used for combined tasks (e.g. automatic violation detection).
This course is intended for monitoring personal who have a basic knowledge of radio monitoring and geolocation methods and who need to operate LS OBSERVER units for measurement, direction finding and analysis tasks
- Global overview of the LS OBSERVER service oriented architecture
- Typical system and network setup and configuration
- GUI concept and handling
- Wide-band measurements
- Fixed frequency measurements
- Recording of the measurement results
- Direction Finding AoA measurements
- Geolocation with TDoA and GROA+®
- DF Time Travel® direction finding and geolocation based on stored data
- Data handling, download from remote monitoring units
The main focus of the workshop is on the measurements and evaluation of high-frequency electromagnetic fields generated by 5G Base Stations to ensure compliance with RF exposure safety standards.
The workshop is divided in the following blocks. It is mainly aimed at persons regularly working in the field of RF exposure measurement and assessment, e.g.
- Employees of regulatory and licensing authorities,
- Employees of federal radiation protection authorities, environmental ministries and agencies,
- Occupational safety officers of mobile network operators,
- Personnel of expert offices for the measurement of electromagnetic fields in the context of personal protection.
The workshop will focus on the correct determination of the maximum possible radiofrequency fields generated by 5G base stations at the measurement location. In detail, the following topics will be covered:
- Important differences of 5G systems compared to 4G (LTE) systems.
- Influence of beamforming antennas on the exposure situation.
- Challenges for a correct exposure determination at 5G sites with beamforming (mMIMO) an-tennas.
Measurement and Evaluation:
- Measurement of actual 5G field strength level with a spectrum analyzer: Correct setting of the instrument.
- Possible strategies for the determination of maximum possible exposure.
- Determination of the maximum RF emission at 5G sites without mMIMO antennas.
- Determination of the maximum RF emission at 5G sites with mMIMO antennas.
- Comparison of frequency selective and code selective measurements
- Practical demonstration: Code selective measurement of SSS signal.
- Extrapolation of code-selective measurement results to the situation of maximum radiated power using the antenna patterns of broadcast and traffic beams.
- Some examples of measurement and extrapolation results at 5G sites.
Registrations for this Online Training course will open soon!
This course is on the job training complementing the “Measurements of Human Exposure to RF Electromagnetic Fields” course. It provides an introduction to practical EMF measurements and their evaluation using NARDA 550 & SRM 3006 together with LS OBSERVER. Delegates will execute practical examples with live measurements on standard service bands (FM Broadcast/DVB-T/GSM/UMTS/LTE), report the results and summarize in a group session the limitations of exposure measurements. Besides the training in the classroom, the training will also show how the measurement should be done using proper equipment.
After completing the course, participants will be able to perform practical EMF measurements under real conditions and limitations in the RF field. They will also be able to correctly set-up measurements with a narrowband NARDA SRM 3006/LS OBSERVER measurement device. Additionally, they will also be able to evaluate the measurement results, judging the quality of the performed measurements.
This course is intended for those who have basic knowledge of radio communication, electromagnetic wave propagation and measurement, who are interested in EMF measurements and reporting and who may be employed as regulatory authorities’ staff members who will execute EMF measurements.
- Overview of EMF measurement tasks based on a fictive plannedmeasurement campaign
- Selecting the equipment according to the planned measurement campaign
- Basic measurements with NARDA NBM550 (Broadband) and SRM 3006 (Narrowband) or LS OBSERVER
- Live measurements in the real environment around Fremersberg and Lichtenau/Ulm
- Practical live measurement on FM broadcast/DVB-T/GSM/UMTS/LTE transmitters (with help of device-specific evaluation SW)
- Hints, do’s and don’ts on performing live measurements
- Distinguishing between real signals and intermodulation products
- Evaluation and reporting of measurement results of used equipment
- Transfer of the learned skills to daily work