Smart Measurement Services
Spectrum Monitoring & Surveillance
Whether you need long-term frequency monitoring of critical radio services, temporary monitoring of special events, direction finding and localization of interferers or evidence of illegal spectrum use – we offer flexible solutions for long-term monitoring, direction finding and antenna measurements.
Our frequency monitoring system LS OBSERVER consists of a central management unit, software for detailed measurement data analysis and various remote measurement units (RMU). These can be fixed, portable, mobile or flying - depending on the demand.
Key features and advantages of the LS OBSERVER monitoring system
- LS OBSERVER measures the complete frequency range and stores the measurement data for up to two years. Retrieve data for the analysis of frequency use and frequency occupation whenever necessary.
- Various types of measurement units are available for great flexibility. We integrate everything from one monitoring station, several different types of stations to a complete nationwide monitoring network.
- Integrate LS OBSERVER measurement units with existing stations from third-party providers.
- Various possibilities to implement LS OBSERVER depending on the monitoring objective, budget and systems already in place.
Cost-effective antenna measurements using remotely piloted aircraft
Determine in an easy, quick, and cost-efficient way the true radio frequency radiation characteristics of your TETRA base station using remotely piloted aircraft (RPA).
The remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) technology is adapted to carry a measurement sensor, high-resolution position and orientation sensors, an autopilot, a high-powered processor and storage unit and a telemetry system. The measurement and navigational data is stored on board and streamed to the ground control station in real time.
The RPA flies semi-remote controlled and in accordance with a pre-programmed flight path. Several safety features are built into the system amongst which is a ‘return to take-off point’ in the unlikely event of failure. Software for data analysis completes the system solution.
The technology determines the horizontal and vertical antenna radiation pattern as well as radiated power. You can identify faulty antennas and installation errors immediately. The measured antenna diagrams can be used in planning tools for the simulation and optimization of network coverage.
Summary of our measurement activities
- Planning and implementation of measurement stations, measurement vehicles and nationwide monitoring networks
- Spectrum monitoring of critical radio services, for special events, large scale operations and critical places
- Long-term monitoring
- Evidence of illegal spectrum use
- Direction finding for localization of interferers and illegal emissions
- Verification measurements of base stations via remotely piloted aircraft
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) measurements