LS Training Academy
Funküberwachung & Messtechnik
Nachfolgend finden Sie eine Übersicht über alle verfügbaren Schulungen im Bereich Funküberwachung. Die Seminare können als Einzelkurse oder auch als Komplettpaket gebucht werden.
Zögern Sie nicht, uns zu kontaktieren, um Ihren individuellen Trainingsbedarf zu besprechen.
This course is based on the latest ITU-R and CEPT recommendations, reports and handbooks and provides an introduction into the most common spectrum monitoring and measurements techniques. It is also presented theoretical background and practical examples that help in understanding specifics of administrative radio monitoring. The training concludes with number of practical examples.
After the training, the participants will be able to understand standards, the procedures and methods of the most common monitoring measurements, to distinguish between different measurements technologies, to respect technical limitations of measurement equipment, to present results to different user groups on a simple way.
This course is intended for those who have a basic knowledge of radio communications and electromagnetic wave propagation, who are interested in spectrum monitoring measurement and techniques and who may be employed in regulatory authorities that supposed to execute spectrum monitoring measurements, reporting and providing early warnings to policy makers.
- General expectations of spectrum monitoring
- Utilization of radio monitoring results
- Manual monitoring (ITU/ECC references, proposed procedure)
- Channel & band occupancy (ITU R1, ERO/ECC )
- Monitoring of broadcast
- Interference description, detection, reporting
- Analysis of results and reporting
- Automated monitoring
- Detection of regulatory unauthorized utilizations
- Inspection/certification/technical acceptance
- Monitoring of digitally modulated signals
- Real time radio occupancy monitoring (for utilizing of whitespace)
- General license compatibility monitoring (like SRD/ISM/WiFi)
- Monitoring of assignments (like cellular access systems or MMDS)
- Areal monitoring (geolocation of low power sources)
- Interpretation of results and publishing (what, why and when to publish)
1,290 € (excluding VAT)
This online course gives an introduction to practical spectrum monitoring measurements. Delegates will follow practical examples to illustrate the limitations of spectrum monitoring measurements. During practical measurements in the RF environment, participants are taught the demonstrated techniques.
After completing the training delegates will be able to perform practical spectrum monitoring measurements under real-life conditions and understand the limitations in the RF field. They will also be able to make estimations of expected measurement results, judging the quality of the measurements performed and planning measurement campaigns. The monitoring network installed at LS telcom’s headquarter will be used to show practical examples.
Regulatory authorities’ staff members supposed to execute spectrum monitoring measurements.
- Overview of spectrum monitoring tasks
- Monitoring Tasks and selection of equipment
- Limitation due to real –life environment
- Basic measurements
- Signal Identification
- Locating signals including
- Interference hunting techniques
- DF methods
590 € (excluding VAT)
The LS OBSERVER system training introduces the features of the LS OBSERVER based monitoring units and the principles of operation as sensor based systems.
The course contains the detailed description of the operation of all features and allows the participants to perform practical tasks with the LS OBSERVER system.
The service oriented system configuration and architecture, the remote control of measurement units, the measurement data download, multiple geolocation methods, the analysis of measurement results and direction finding techniques will be presented. The participants will have the possibility to use the equipment for practical tasks during the training. Information about maintenance requirements and configuration of the system are also covered by the training.
The training enables the participants to become familiar with the LS OBSERVER monitoring units and the Central Monitoring Software (CMS).
They will understand the functionalities, handling the GUI and learn how to perform measurements and analysis with the focus on remote controlled monitoring, geolocation and direction finding. Finally, they will see how a fully integrated spectrum management (e.g. SPECTRAplus) and monitoring system can be managed and be used for combined tasks (e.g. automatic violation detection).
This course is intended for monitoring personal who have a basic knowledge of radio monitoring and geolocation methods and who need to operate LS OBSERVER units for measurement, direction finding and analysis tasks
- Global overview of the LS OBSERVER service oriented architecture
- Typical system and network setup and configuration
- GUI concept and handling
- Wide-band measurements
- Fixed frequency measurements
- Recording of the measurement results
- Direction Finding AoA measurements
- Geolocation with TDoA and GROA+®
- DF Time Travel® direction finding and geolocation based on stored data
- Data handling, download from remote monitoring units
28. - 30.09.21
1,850 € (excluding VAT)
Radio transmitters produce electromagnetic fields which members of the public may be exposed to. In order to assess people’s safety their exposure must be measured and compared with the appropriate limits. This course will focus on the measurement of general public exposure; in addition, some aspects of occupational exposure are discussed. The training will be held on classroom in LS telcom training facilities. The lecture will be supported by practical measurements of real life radio signals by nearby RF transmitters.
After completing the Online Training, delegates will be able to perform measurements of RF exposure caused by different radio services which follow the correct measurement methodology, equipment settings and post processing. They will also understand the philosophy behind the exposure limits.
This course is intended for those who have basic knowledge in RF wireless communication techniques and understanding in spectrum analyzer, who are interested in measurement of human exposure to RF electromagnetic fields and who may be employed in regulatory authorities, environmental agencies, radiation protection authorities, health and safety departments of network operators or measurement laboratories.
- ICNIRP‘s RF exposure limits philosophy, outlook to new ICNIRP RF guidelines
- Status of current biological research
- Basic measurement principles
- Derivation of an appropriate measurement methodology
- Review of existing measurement standards
- Correct measurements of FM, DAB, DVB-T, GSM, UMTS, LTE, TETRA, DECT, WLAN, and radar exposures; outlook to 5G
- Measurement report and uncertainty budget, typical sources of error
- Measurement strategies
- Measurement practice on real life signals
20. - 22.09.21
1,580 € (excluding VAT)
This course is on the job training complementing the “Measurements of Human Exposure to RF Electromagnetic Fields” course. It provides an introduction to practical EMF measurements and their evaluation using NARDA 550 & SRM 3006 together with LS OBSERVER. Delegates will execute practical examples with live measurements on standard service bands (FM Broadcast/DVB-T/GSM/UMTS/LTE), report the results and summarize in a group session the limitations of exposure measurements. Besides the training in the classroom, the training will also show how the measurement should be done using proper equipment.
After completing the course, participants will be able to perform practical EMF measurements under real conditions and limitations in the RF field. They will also be able to correctly set-up measurements with a narrowband NARDA SRM 3006/LS OBSERVER measurement device. Additionally, they will also be able to evaluate the measurement results, judging the quality of the performed measurements.
This course is intended for those who have basic knowledge of radio communication, electromagnetic wave propagation and measurement, who are interested in EMF measurements and reporting and who may be employed as regulatory authorities’ staff members who will execute EMF measurements.
- Overview of EMF measurement tasks based on a fictive plannedmeasurement campaign
- Selecting the equipment according to the planned measurement campaign
- Basic measurements with NARDA NBM550 (Broadband) and SRM 3006 (Narrowband) or LS OBSERVER
- Live measurements in the real environment around Fremersberg and Lichtenau/Ulm
- Practical live measurement on FM broadcast/DVB-T/GSM/UMTS/LTE transmitters (with help of device-specific evaluation SW)
- Hints, do’s and don’ts on performing live measurements
- Distinguishing between real signals and intermodulation products
- Evaluation and reporting of measurement results of used equipment
- Transfer of the learned skills to daily work
23. - 24.09.21
1,290 € (excluding VAT)